Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!!

JANUARY 30, 2007

AT 1:28AM

ETHAN MICHAEL DEVORE

5LBS 1OZ 18INCHES LONG

"We loved you before we meet you"





Ethan,


Your Dad and I waited 4 years after your sister for you, had I known it would be this much fun the second time around I might have done it sooner. The day you came into our lives was an unexpected adventure. I was asked to go to the hospital on Monday 1/29/07 and have my blood pressure checked, after about 2 hours at the hospital they told me I was having a baby.."What???" I was not ready you were not due for another 6 weeks..."Why??" turns out my blood pressure was so high it was not a good situation for either of us and the only way to help us both was to have you! After the initial freak out I called your Dad and grandparents and everyone quickly came to wait for your arrival. I should also tell you we had no idea if you were a boy or a girl, as with your sister your Dad and I decided that there are few things in life that are surprises and we choose to be surprised.





So as the night went on and I was being prepared for labor we talked about what life was going to be like with 2 kids. I really wondered how I could share my love? I knew I loved you from the moment I felt you but hard to explain. So as soon as you where born I fell in love with you....my baby boy! You had to go to the NICU since you were so small and also a Little early, but all in all we both came through.





I look back now Ethan and I am sad that time is flying by, I love that your are always willing to cuddle and that you always know how to make me smile, and I love how you always seem to know when I need that Hug! you are so sweet, kind and loving. Whenever you get a cookie you always get one extra for your sister. Always thinking about others. I hope you never change. I love you so much it hurts, I tear up at the thought someday you will leave and be grown, but until then...please lay with me,kiss me good night, share your smiles, ask me to "rock..rock", and I promise I will do it all without a second thought, but most important Ethan has just be you.





All our love


Daddy & Mommy

1 comment:

Janice said...

Have I mentioned how upset I am that we were all sick on Saturday??? Augh!! I hate the cold bug! Hopefully we can all get together soon.