Monday, January 12, 2009

Disney Marathon Volunteer Day

This Sunday I volunteered at the Walt Disney Marathon, and even though I had to wake up at 2am to be there to check it at 3am, I had a GREAT time.The tent we worked was the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society tent for team in training. We made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the runners to eat when they were done. I must say I do not want to see another jar of peanut butter or jelly for a while. But I got to hang out with some great people and work for a good cause the team in training alone had 1800 runners and had raised 7 million dollars!!!! I was there because friends of mine lost their son to Leukemia last August and now are in the fight to cure cancer! I hate that we have become friends from this lose but I love that we are now joined together to fight cancer, and have fun doing it.

This is the tent we where at also have to note I did blow some of those balloons up.

This is the whole gang and also our famous "peanut butter jelly time"wooowoooo.
Here we are on our assembly line making the sandwiches, it was really hard work, but fun.



This is Jannae and Stephen and the whole reason we went on Sunday! To Celebrate in memory of Camden.




1 comment:

Alisha said...

Looks like a fun time! I guess your earning your wings with all these charitable events! =)