Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!! 50 and Nifty!!

Well I am sure everyone thinks "their" Mom is the best, but I know 100% my Mom can do anything your mom can do and better!! haha JK. I can't always say that my Mom and I saw eye to eye but I do know that I could not have asked for a better Mom. I know we have have our faults myself included but no matter what nothing can take away a Mother's love. I know more now then ever since I too have children the love a Mom has can not be measured, I think all the teenage years I put my Mom through it can be tested but a Mom's love will always prevail!!

All the things I learned from my Mom:
1) Be patient
2) If you want it done right do it yourself
3) Family is #1 and always there when you need them
4) The last thing you always say mad or not is I love you!
5) "If you are right, I will defend you, if you are wrong I will support you"
6) Life is to short not to go to the beach every chance you get
7) Give, give, give...and expect nothing in return
8) Do as I say not as I do
9) Try and get along with your sisters, they will be all you have some day
10) No matter what happens you MOMMY is ALWAYS there for you!!!

I could actually go on and on about how great my Mom is and also go into to details on how much I wanted to move out when I was 18 years old and how I begged Kyle to "save me" one time, but at the end of the day she is my Mom and I would not be here with out her and I do love her, I want to be the best mom I can be and that means learning from the good things I had growing up, and also thre not so great things. I came from a great family and although it was crazy at times it's "my family" and I would not change it for the world.

I love you Mom and trust me 50 is the new 30!!!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I have to agree...you have an amazing mom! She is so helpful and supportive to you and your family and you really owe a lot to her! I love your list..what you learned from your mom...#5 is awesome...#7 So Not me, but it gives me perspective on you...#8 ha, that is what my mom ALWAYS told me growing up...Seriously, your mom looks GREAT for 50! Happy Birthday to her! One day Alyssa will enjoy reading what you wrote about your mom :) p.s. I really LOVE the blue furniture in the background of the pic...we need to discuss this!