Monday, March 23, 2009

Mommy and me.....


Well I can not say this is the best picture of us, but this is me and my mom!! This is my big birthday year and we have such a hard time trying to find time to spend together, but we did it. I took off work on Friday and we went shopping! She totally spoiled me and bought me outfits I had been needing, but more so I enjoyed the day with my Mom. It is so hard these days to make time in our busy schedules just to have fun. My mom watches Ethan so I can work and not worry about how he is because he is with her and not some stranger. I love her not just because she is my mom but because she is the BEST mom and "Mama J" to the kids. I can not always say that I thought this to be true. I gave my parents a run for their money in my high school days, but I realize now what it is all about. I know now that someday Alyssa and Ethan will not like me and I know now that means I am doing a good job. I never knew the love my Mom felt for me until the day I had Alyssa and then Ethan. It is a true and unconditional love....unexplainable. I love my Mom not for only who she is, but how she helped me be who I am maybe with out even knowing it! No one can ever take the place of your mom and even through all the years I did not want her around...now I realize she is truly my best friend! She knows all my faults and loves me anyway. I love you so much Mom...Thank you for always being there for me even when I didn't want you there...lol sounds mean but makes sense.

2 comments:

Janice said...

That's so sweet. I think we've all given our parents a run for their money. My parents flat-out wished GIRLS on me, to give back what I gave them:) Well, they got their wish!!

Alisha said...

CUTE! You and your mom have such a special relationship...what a great mommy you have!