Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What cabin fever can do to you.....

Well since Alyssa was under doctor's orders to stay in and relax and of course that means no one can go outside, so it was a challenge the day of surgery she pretty much slept and laid on the couch or in her bed, the day after she felt ok on and off which caused alot of craziness in the house, those who know me know I am a neat freak and can not stand a mess in the house, but Kyle did his best to make the kids have a great time and me not to go to insane with the mess. He made a tent and they loved it, it was also challenging because Ethan is going through the terrible two's! He is starting to come out with his own opinions and thoughts, and well we don't always seem to agree. Alyssa has always been very stubborn and wants things "her way" Ethan is my sweet and loving son....well he is starting to show his own side too.
Daddy and Ethan had a long day and while watching the race Ethan literally just passed out!

Here Ethan decides he wants to relax while the rest of us get ready to go out to the store...must be nice to be a kid.
Ethan decides that he does not want to go to bed so he hides under the highchair, I let him think for a bit that he has a choice.


This is the awesome tent that Daddy made for the kids to watch tv under in the playroom and also so the mess did not over consume the house.





I did enjoy the long weekend. Sometimes between work and the kids and family events we get so caught up in "our lives" we rarely take the time to just sit and enjoy each other's company. I know that someday I will realize time went by just too fast and I will only which I had taken the time to slow down and just sit!



1 comment:

Alisha said...

Looks like a typical day at The Maroney's. =) Glad all is well after Alyssa's surgery.