Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Wedding....

Saturday 2/7/09 Bailey and John got married. I use to babysit Bailey when she was younger and this made me feel very old, she and my younger sister have been friends since kindergarten. It is so much fun to go to a wedding sometimes it seems its one after the other, but then sometimes to far and few in between. It is a day to get the family all dressed up and have a great time with family and friends. I would not consider myself an emotional person but this wedding I laughed and I cried. I think weddings mean a whole new thing to me now that I have kids, all I could do when watching John dance with his Mom was cry! I held Ethan so tight. Everyone knows the old saying "When your daughter gets married you gain a son"...."When your son gets married you lose a son" =(. I secretly dream of the future sometimes and then get upset when I get ahead of myself, but just watching John dance to Kenny Rogers with his Mom I could not hold back tears, he even cried.
The Beautiful bride Bailey and her groom John Alyssa all dressed up and ready to go
Of course you can't miss out on the perfect family picture! Dad, Mom, Herb, Sharon, Jeanine, Kyle, Adrienne, Alyssa, Emma and Ethan...oh yeah and Baby girl "M" in the belly!

Kyle and Alyssa dance at the house alot and have a few favorite songs, but watching them dance got me going again...All I could see was this beautiful little girl dancing with her Daddy on her wedding day!
Ethan and I also decided to have a Mommy and son dance. He was having such a great time and I loved every second of that night.

Kyle and Ethan hanging out on the side why the girls got crazy dancing.
Well like I said no way you can miss out on the chance to have that family photo. I must say though Kyle and I were all smiles and the kids are looking tired and we are secretly thinking "They are so tired they won't even make it out of the parking lot...YES!!!" Well whatever it takes right?.

2 comments:

Katherine @ Sweet Caroline's said...

We attended a wedding this past weekend too... and I cried when I saw the bride- I couldn't help but think of when our daughter will be the bride one day.

Your daughter looked so cute (and proud!) in her dress! You have a beautiful family :)

Alisha said...

Awww...cute pics. Glad you had fun. I LOVE weddings!!