Monday, July 20, 2009

My new cell phone....=(

Well while on our "staycation" there was a minor incident. While Grandma and I were trying to get the chairs and all the toys situated, Ethan quickly grabbed his ball and wanted to go into the pool. He was not ready and did not have his swim suiton which we have given the name "Aqua man suit", so I told Kyle's Uncle Dick to watch him while we finished getting everything ready. I was getting ready to head out to meet up with some friends for just a bit when I heard a splash, I turned and did not see Ethan, my heart skipped a beat an when I looked in the water I saw Ethan's ball and then saw him under water....I quickly jumped in and grabbed him and of course this was all in a matter of seconds so he was 100% fine, but not my cell phone!!! Alyssa quickly pointed out that my cell phone was hanging out of my pocket... I have waited 2 years for a new cell phone!!Of course there is only 1 Ethan and I did not think twice about jumping in to get him, but dang it!!! MY CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!
I will be looking to see if it can be fixed, but if not will be forking out the big bucks since I just renewed my contract with my cell phone company, or perhaps a go phone...but all in all as a Mom I guess this is one of the reason i am not suppose to have the new hip and up to date cool phones! But I think I will try one more time and see. It was the really cool flip fun and fun for text messaging...but again I love Ethan and he can NEVER be replaced. Even though this was a very minor pool incident it made me release 100% Ethan thinks he is water proof, so this weekend I will be signing him up at the pool club for swim lessons 5 days a week for 4 weeks and they will teach survivor basics and swimming so next time he does not have his "Aqua man" suit on he will still be able to swim to the top!!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I love that picture of the cell phone in water! =)

Janice said...

OMG!! Well, thank goodness Ethan is alive. And...when My cell took a dive, I just separated it all. let it dry. pieced it back together and all worked fine. However that was many moons ago.