Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kids............

So my kids have been "living it up" this summer. As my previous post was all about them staying at the time share with grandma this week while Kyle and I both worked =(. I am glad they are both having a great time but I miss them, so I called Alyssa to say hi and see how things were going and she REFUSED to talk to me!! OMG I was so upset I am officially the worst Mom ever, my own daughter doesn't want to talk to me! She said she was busy and would call me later....really???
I talked to my sister in law Kari who is also staying at the time share and she said we would have Alyssa call me when she got a chance. So I went about my work and was really missing the kids when my cell phone went off....FINALLY she is calling me.............Ummmm no, Alyssa sent me a text message that read " I love you mommy cause you are the greatest" awww how sweet and it made me feel so much better. Yes I am not getting text messages from my 6 year old daughter. I always say I don't have time to talk I text message like it's my second language and tell everyone I only have time for virtual friendships. So if your not on facebook or don't read my blog or you don't have a blog I am clueless, and I realize now my daughter is doing the same thing.
Well we will talk about this, I knew at some point in my life it would come down to nothing more then a text message from Alyssa, but at 6 years old??? I don't think so!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

This is your funniest post to date! I love it! I'm glad the kids are having a good summer. I think kids deserve a fun, lazy, hot summer with lots of water....even if we can't enjoy it w/them! As for the text message...really no opinion...new territory since they didn't exist when I was little =(