Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 7- Lent Blessings


Today I gave the blessing of patience! I was helping a retiree enroll into her medical benefits and she was so confused, to be honest at first I was annoyed that she did not understand what I was explaining and then she said "My dear, I am all alone and no one to help me".....I felt so bad and realized that I was annoyed at her, but she had noone and was needing me a complete stranger to help her.
I took the time and was extra nice, and we talked even about the weather and about basketball.....after our 38 minute conversation she knew exactly what she needed to know and at the end of the call she thanked me for my patience and said "God bless you"......I thanked her for her time, I really think I was blessed today more then she was.

No comments: